Today is Monday, what means it is time for Gammu release. Main improvements are this time in DBI driver and dummy phone driver. This allowed increasing number of test cases and they revealed number of bugs in code, which were fixed. The good thing is that we now have covered 30% of code by testcases. There is still place to improve, but I think this is good milestone, because most of untested code lies in drivers for different phones, which are hard to test automatically without having real phone connected to test server.
Other thing I would like to highlight is DBI backend in SMSD. It is still new, but you should consider using it instead of old MYSQL or PGSQL backends, because it behaves much more nicely to your database and won't ruin system performance that easily (though there are still things to improve). Unfortunately it is not available on Windows right now, but I hope this will change in future.
Full list of changes follows:
- Fix some memory leaks found by cppcheck.
- Implemented reconnecting/retrying in DBI driver.
- Fix memory leaks in SMSD found by valgrind.
- Fix decoding of another Nokia message type.
- Support for passing received message ID in DBI.
- Dummy phone now supports phonebook, calendar, todo, filesystem.
- Experimental SMSD monitor support on Windows.
- Added ID for Nokia 2680 (bug #813).
- Number of retries of message send in SMSD can be configured.
- Updated SQL files to new version (mostly added useful indexes).
- Dropped own logic for generating IDs for SMS and rely on SQL server (only in DBI driver for now).
You can download from usual place: http://cihar.com/gammu/,
Debian users will find packages in experimental soon, SUSE, Fedora and Mandriva users can check experimental repository in OpenSuse Build Service.