News in this release:
- Fixed grabbing URL from imageshack.
- Fixed defaults to not open browser.
- Default to imageshack.us service.
News in this release:
There were nice explanations how it is supposed to work, but the problem is that people out there can not manage that amount of bugs. It is possible, that for some core packages, they manage to do the job. However most bug reports will probably go to some leaf packages, which are not that important, but lot of people use them.
I started to interest in bugs in Ubuntu when I noticed that there is some huge number of bugs linked on phpMyAdmin's PTS page. There was something like 50 too much bugs. After quick look I could see that most of them are duplicates. After little fight with ajaxy interface, I even managed to mark most of them as duplicates and fix it in Debian package. But as somebody with no knowledge of Ubuntu (and not willing to learn internals of yet another distribution, I think Debian and OpenSUSE is enough), I really have no idea what could be done to push some bug fix to existing release. So once some Ubuntu release (The Lucid Lynx in this case) got new version, I marked the bug as fixed. This is probably not that nice to users, but somebody from Ubuntu community should take care of them.
Off-topic PS: If anybody is interested in Google Wave invitations, just write me an email, I currently have 15 without any use.
For quite a long time I wonder, if there is anybody looking at bugs reported in Ubuntu. Whenever I look at bugs reported in Ubuntu on some of packages I maintain in Debian, there is huge amount of them. Most of them are simple duplicates, but still it indicates that nobody have looked at them. Some are simply something what should be forwarded upstream, while some are clearly packaging bugs, which I usually fix. However I think there should be somebody at Ubuntu side looking at them and forwarding them to right place...
I finally managed to update my blog to new nanoblogger, which should work a bit faster and is easier to control, so I might get back to throwing random thoughts to world wide web.
While doing that, I modified a little bit templates, what means that I cut out most of dependency on Google - for statistics I use own Piwik instance and the advertisement is currently served by AdBard.
Well it has been released some time ago, but I forgot to announce it here, so here it comes - I have released Enca 1.12. If you don't know Enca, it is an Extremely Naive Charset Analyser. It detects character set and encoding of text files and can also convert them to other encodings using either a built-in converter or external libraries and tools like libiconv, librecode, or cstocs.
The full changes are short:
You can download from http://dl.cihar.com/enca/.