Last week was quite equally split between refactoring and bug fixing. As we're getting closer to 4.6.0 release more people give feedback on it and some corner case issues are being discovered.
However the biggest challenge was strange bug that was reported long time ago - it affected only Italian translation on Windows server. After lot of debugging, I've realized that trying to encode
Cardinalità</td> to json (using json_encode) causes this problem. Obviously there have to be more conditions met as this string only doesn't cause it, however removing it or placing x between à and < fixes the problem. In the end I've workarounded it in our code and hopefully I will get to create proper bugreport for php so that it can be fixed upstream as well.
The refactoring was mostly focused on encoding conversion part which is now all embedded in the Encoding class. It was quite simplified and should also speed up pages a bit as it does the initialization only when needed not on every phpMyAdmin's page.
- #12075 Info: Blank Login Page and URL-Query-Sorting
- #12084 1064 error when importing a wordpress sql-file
- #11705 Error code: 200 when loading table's structure (Windows 10)
- #12081 Space Usage alternating rows wrong when overhead is present
- #12083 mb_ereg_replace function was removed
- #12040 Update common.css.php
- #12065 INT column with default value and comment exported faulty
- #12077 phpmyadmin export invalid - Missing ENGINE/CHARSET/COLLATE
- #12076 phpmyadmin export invalid - COMMENT AS
- #11805 issue with mysql 5.5 sql_mode=TRADITIONAL with PMA 184.108.40.206
- #12072 database copy and export creating bad SQL
- #3 Typo in readme