Maybe it's time to write down what I plan in Gammu in future. Please note that this is not short-term plan (it is unlikely that something of this will be in next stable release), it is just list of thinks I'd like to have in future.
- API improvements - Current ABI which changes whenever there is change in internal structure sucks. The current code will get wrappers Gammu_DoSomething(statemachine, params), which will allow to have ABI compatible as long as the function exists.
- Unicode storage - There were good reasons in past not to use wchar_t but I thing all them have gone. Switching to wchar_t would allow Gammu to easily communicate with rest of the world and Gammu won't have to contain duplicates of many functions from standard libc.
- Localisation - Gettext is much more flexible than current localisation system and well known format gives translators ability to use many tools.
- Drop autotools support - CMake build system looks much cleaner than anything I was able to achieve with autotools. Right now it still requires some stabilisation, but it is anyway equal replacement.
- Version control - I'd like to switch to Subversion, which is widely used and widely known. However I have not yet found way how to import my current revisions in Bazaar to Subversion, any conversion I tried so far crashed.
Anybody interested in these steps? Don't hesitate to tell me or write to gammu-users mailing list.