Michal Čihař - Xcache opcode cacher

Xcache opcode cacher

As I wrote in previous post, memcached didn't help as expected with wiki performace, so it was time to look for something else.

Since I'm using lighttpd, I still considered using of XCache, but the Debian package is not really up to date (now it even does not install with current php), so it was too much effort.

But today I decided it's time to try it. I built package from current version (you can get it on debian.cihar.com), installed and it seems to increase performance a lot. Most visible it is on wiki pages, which now take about quarter of time to process. I only hope it won't have any stability impacts, but it survived fine stress tests I did so far.

New Comment

You can not add new comments to old blog posts.