Weblate 3.0 has been released today. It contains brand new access control module and 61 fixed isssues.
Full list of changes:
- Rewritten access control.
- Several code cleanups that lead to moved and renamed modules.
- New addon for automatic component discovery.
- The import_project management command has now slightly different parameters.
- Added basic support for Windows RC files.
- New addon to store contributor names in PO file headers.
- The per component hook scripts are removed, use addons instead.
- Add support for collecting contributor agreements.
- Access control changes are now tracked in history.
- New addon to ensure all components in a project have same translations.
- Support for more variables in commit message templates.
- Add support for providing additional textual context.
If you are upgrading from older version, please follow our upgrading instructions, the upgrade is more complex this time.
You can find more information about Weblate on https://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. Weblate is also being used on https://hosted.weblate.org/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, OsmAnd, Turris, FreedomBox, Weblate itself and many other projects.
Should you be looking for hosting of translations for your project, I'm happy to host them for you or help with setting it up on your infrastructure.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far! The roadmap for next release is just being prepared, you can influence this by expressing support for individual issues either by comments or by providing bounty for them.