Again one week has passed and there has been some progress on phpMyAdmin.
This week the focus was on code cleanup and issue fixing. I've identified several pieces of dead code and removed that from our code base (the biggest removal being no longer used PMA_String class). The codebase is quite old and sometimes it's not easy to identify code which is not really being used, as it still might be referenced from some locations, but without actually invoking it.
On the issue fixing side, I'm really happy from improving user experience with fields marked as binary - so far phpMyAdmin has displayed them as hexadecimal dump in all cases. Now it will display them as text as long as the content is valid utf-8.
- #6321 need "display binary as hex/string" option in Settings UI enhancement
- #11754 Undefined offset errors on table structure pages - master bug
- #11756 Changing charset of table changes fields from text to mediumtext question
- #11758 Tracking change does not use backquotes around table name bug
- #11741 - Execute statement only returns result count bug
PS: I will most likely skip report next week due to Christmas.