Going back to real weekly report, this time covering first week of 2016.
The biggest task was focused on codebase cleanup. As Microsoft is ending support for old Internet Explorer version, we've decided to do same thing for next major release. This allowed us to remove some compatibility code and also upgrade jQuery to 2.x branch, which removes support for older browsers as well.
To continue in the cleanup tasks, I've revisited most of array iterating places and removed not needed reset() calls or generally cleanup up related code.
Besides working directly on the code, I've improved our infrastructure a bit as well and we now have developer documentation online at https://develdocs.phpmyadmin.net/. It is generated using phpdox, but suggestions to improve it are welcome.
All handled issues:
- #11833 Drop support for older MSIE
- #11828 PMA flushes privileges which disables skip-grant-tables
- #11826 'Edit view' reports SQL Syntax errors when username contains '-'
- #11820 Main pane scroll is too high; can't see things across top of page
- #11815 Fix handling of databases with dot in a name
- #11798 Table engine detection fails with dot in database name
- #11790 Include interface language in the error report
- #13 Allows to set the user-facing URL, fixes #12
- #12 Login redirects to port-qualified url