Last week I was again quite active on development side bringing several improvements to master branch.
The biggest news is probably that phpMyAdmin no longer relies on eval() function. We've used it to run advisory rules on server configuration, but that is now done using Symfony ExpressionLanguage (which we anyway need due to motranslator).
When looking at things this does pull in, I've noticed that there is mbstring polyfill, which can be used instead of the one we ship (and was never completed). Thanks to this the mbstring dependency is now optional, but still recommended for performance reasons.
Another quite visible change is adding JSON metadata to our themes. Right now it covers basic things like theme compatibility and authorship, but more can be added later. This is also covered in our documentation.
- #13274 Error in query builder - class 'Util' not found
- #13277 Fix unwanted escape
- #13279 Replace our mbstring polyfills with symfony/polyfill-mbstring
- #12386 request to remove mbstring dependency
- #13276 HTML shown when rendering permissions
- #13278 Error: Token mismatch (4.7.0)
- #6363 Eliminate remaining occurences of eval() in phpMyAdmin to make it work on machines where eval() is disabled
- #13260 Replace eval() in Advisor by Symfony\ExpressionLanguage
- #13261 Rewrite theme metadata handling
- #13167 Missing theme compatibility check
- #13275 Add relevant links in repos description
- #13265 Port templates to Twig
- #13273 500 error when trying to view a table with JSON formatted fields
- #13266 Broken link on 'User accounts overview' page
- #13272 Query execution adds a LIMIT clause twice, if I use colons
- #13262 Redirect user to last page that has any tables to display.
- #57 Missing a link to the Author at themes page
- #152 Inline CREATE PROCEURE
- #153 Don't print duplicated cli formatting characters