After playing with it a bit I found out: current Gammu support for this phone is not working at all. After some looking at sources I decided to do implementation same way as in Alcatel - overlay driver which will use AT functions if they can be used. If you're interested in testing, my code will grow in my arch repository (more information on http://cihar.com/gammu), I'm going to submit it to upstream once there will be completed some set of functionality.
First user experiences with K750i
I use this phone almost 1 day, so it is now time to write down firste experiences.
- I have Vodafone customisation, seeing their logo everywhere is not something I like.
- MP3 player and radio integrated in phone is great idea - you can listen to music and you don't miss any phone call or message as with regullar MP3 player.
- Camera is not perfect, but 2MPix is enough for making random photos with good light conditions.
- It is great that it has USB storage.
- I didn't find way to communicate with phone over IrDA except file transfer.
- Why the hell I could not upload whole calendar from my old Alcatel 535? It says something about low memory, but there is enough free space.
- I miss distinguishing from payed content and regullar phone menus. When do I enter Vodafone Live!? When do I download game data?
But generally it works much better than old phone, I only need to get used to some different functions.
New phone has arrived
Today evening I picked up my new phone on post office and as soon as I arrived home, I started to play with it. And well result for Gammu is poor, there is too much to implement. For now I only added identification, but I will work more on it.
Transfer of contacts was done by
gammu --backup data.vcs on old phone
and then tranfering to new phone using plain IrDA -
This is far from being perfect - I lost most of text in extended
entries, half of names is also lost and I expect something might be
missing. But I have at least something till I will write full support in
phpMyAdmin pages navigation
After some complains that users can easilly confuse http://pma.cihar.com with http://cihar.com/phpMyAdmin, I decided to add navigation to top of these pages, so that you can easily switch between all phpMyuAdmin related content you can find on my pages. I only hope I didn't break anything while doing this change :-).
Gammu talk online
Version control wrapper wanted
I'm using more and more version control systems and I'm more and more often mistaken which commands to use in which project. At work we still have CVS, for kernel it is git (or cogito), for phpMyAdmin we switched to subversion, for my old projects it is bazaar and for new projects I use bazaar-ng.
And not, my brain can not switch context fast enought to remember that
in this repository I need
svn up and in another one
I doubt that I'm only one with such problem and hopefully somebody already wrote some meta version control interface, which would correctly detect which beast is current directory using, and invoke appripriate command for wanted action. However Googling didn't find anything like that, but hopefully I'm only using bad query. Anybody has seen such tool?
Happy release day!
We have two releases today - one fixes security bug in stable branch (188.8.131.52) and one to fix several bugs (2.9.1-rc2). Final 2.9.1 should follow soon if no major problem appears.
I also added MAINT_2_9_1 branch to snapshots and demo server, feel free to use them.
New month has come and thus there is new upstream release of stardict-english-czech package. While preparing upload for my sponsor, I decided to go also through rest of my packages. Wammu is for quite long waiting for my sponsor, so I pinged him. nanoblogger has some open bugs, so I fixed them and sent package to sponsor. And last but not least I sent ping to debian-mentors about sponsoring sonata, which is really cool application and I'd love to see it in next Debian release. However this target seems to be quite far away as nobody was attracted by it up to now.
I did it again
It happens too often in recent program releases - I do a release and few moments after it I notice some quite important bug. Today it is deadlock in upgrading in Ukolovnik. I should have seen it before (as I fixed simmilar problem for another part of config layer), but I haven't.
I'll wait for some time if something else appears and then make another new release. You can meanwhile apply patch from the bug manually or use daily snapshot.