Looks like somebody got great idea to package games for DosBox :-). I haven't yet tested repository at dosboxed-games.sandbox.cz but it looks interesting so far. It reminds me good old times when I was playing Arena :-).
I used quite long time rdiff-backup for creating server backups. But I had to move away from it because it requires same program to run on the other end where backups are stored. And there was no chance that I can get it into 4Mib memory of my Asus router with OpenWrt which will now act as bacup server.
The setup with encryption and signing was very quickly and even restoring seems to work :-).
Yes I know there is gammu 1.07.00 which should be packaged, yes I know there is python transition ongoing which needs changes on my python packages, yes I know that there is new libbluetooth2 in archives which need gammu rebuild. Please be patient I will return back to packaging work as soon as I will have internet connection at home.
By that time you can also expect new python-gammu release which will be just minor update to fix some urgent things.
I have no clue whether python-support or python-central is better solution as new python packaging helper. I follow debian-python list too shortly to know all backgrouds between their authors. Despite of those current situation is really bad.
There were filed many bugs and tools and policy still change every day.
Will it use
debian/pycompat? Will there be
debian/pyversions? Now it looks that both. I thought
that new policy shoud simplify things and not making them even more complex.
Calm down people and try to find one solution.
On request I enabled generation of package lists for all architectures in my repository. So you can now install startict-english-czech on all arches directly using apt without need to manually download this package.
And not this does not mean I will build binaries for other arches, they
will be still i386 and amd64 only, others will contain just
Yesterday Google released beta version of Google Earth which runs natively on Linux. As it is great toy I wanted to immediatelly test it :-). However it ran damn slow and libgl was complaining about wrong structure sizes:
ERROR! sizeof(I830DRIRec) does not match passed size from device driver
After some Googling I found bug #359328 which tells to use CVS snapshot of Mesa from experimental. Any yay, it works then. Now back to work let's contiue with playing later.
Finally recent Gammu version (1.06.00) has been migrated to testing. It took so long as it needed manual hint because of both python-gammu/gammu breakage loops. Unfortunately there is no other way to resolve unstable Gammu ABI than using so strict dependencies.
Now I finally undestand why Gnokii is using that complex way for passing parameters. It is painful to use it, but it keeps ABI stable enough. We need to find better solution for this.