Mark yourself on phpMyAdmin map on Frappr to see how phpMyAdmin users are spread worldwide.
I just activated some rewriting for Gammu phone database, so that URIs are now more user and search engine friendly. This also fixed navigation in top of page. If you find any problems with this change, please contact me.
It looks like searching was not working since transfer to new server. There was problem in SQL used as one field now became keyword. I fixed this, so you can again search phone instead of browsing whole database.
It's getting a bit sad, but it looks like all of us hardly find motivation and/or time to work on phpMyAdmin. There are tons of feature requests which are not being solved and nobody seems to be really interested in them. It looks like project needs fresh blood. Where to find it? Nobody contributed more patches so that he could be invited into project.
I believe there must be plenty of skilled developers using phpMyAdmin all over the world, but why they do not contribute?
As I already wrote, I'm currently thinking of major rewrite of Wammu code. This is partly inspired by problems I have with wxPython, partly by with to change data handling a lot, what is needed for support for multiple phones and intelligent caching of it.
Today I started to add design notes to bug tracking system. Well it was mostly core dump of my brain inspired by questions one user had about future. All design notes are now publicly available and all of them are childs of bug #147.
These ideas are not yet definite and no code has been yet written (except of some proof of concept stuff), so you have great chance to influence Wammu future by reading and commenting them. I will also add there more stuff as most of my ideas is currenly on paper and I didn't transform everything into electronic format.
I just noticed that GoogleBot already downloaded 1 GiB from archzoom. As there is nothing new on this server, it might be quite conservative about downloading. Maybe they decided there must be something really important :-)
I often heard complains about MSNBot, but this time it got just 160 MiB, so it looks like we have another evil bot.
It looks that the code basically works. At least I already got information from several users, who managed to run it. However there are still some things broken:
- Phone searching doesn't work. There is some Unix only code and I'm going to fix it during weekend.
setup.pyis somewhat wrong. Maybe I missed something while writing it, but you don't need to invoke this script to run Wammu - just execute wammu script in top level directory and it should work.
In recent days I got two announcement about starting projects using python-gammu. Both of them are GUI applications, so it looks like Wammu will have competitors.
It's good to see that, because I seriously don't have much time for writing Wammu and this will bring users other possibility. And maybe it will push me harder to finally make PyGTK rewrite of Wammu :-).
Let's see how will these projects evolve, but I hope they will be successful.