python-gammu 0.23 has been just released. New features:
- Compatibility with current gammu.
I just released new version of Gammu. There are no big changes since last testing release:
For stable users there are tons of changes, most noticable are fixes in SMS encoding and decoding, 6510 protocol improvements, IrMC index access support and improved SMSD logging.
I'm just wondering: Why do all my packages start getting RC bugs which are easy to fix right now, when ftp-master is down and uploads are not possible? It must have some coincidence...
Good news everyone, new version of Photo uploader has been just released. If you don't know this tool yet, it is helper to upload photos (or images) over net. It was created when I became too lazy to upload hundreds of photos to digilab, but generally it can support any service which allows you uploading of whatever using HTML forms.
News in this release:
After massive processing of new queue during weekend (check graphs to get better impression, kudos to all who managed to handle hundredth of packages during weekend), new Gammu is in unstable. It is still not in shape for migration to testing, but it is much better than the one I accidentally uploaded before. Currently there are no known open regressions, so if you see something failing what used to work before, just report it!
After two weeks of testing, I'd like to announce Czech pages about phpMyAdmin - http://phpmyadmin.cz/. You will find there various tips and howtos for using phpMyAdmin as well as project and development news. I'd like to build there a community where people could find help about this tool in their native language, but I have no idea whether it has a chance to succeed. Anyway the domain name was cheap so I had to try to realize idea, which was sitting in my head for quite a long time.
Finally this testing series is stabilizing and there are no known regressions. The latest big regression with encoding PDU data has been just fixed. Full list of changes:
You can download from usual place: http://cihar.com/gammu/
I hope this will be really the last one before 1.14.0.
I just released new version of Gammu. I expected to have stable release at this time, but some important bugs appeared which forced me to change API. And while I did break this, I also did other API changes which I had longer in my mind. Besides there are lot of fixes in OBEX/IrMC code. Full list of changes:
Some day, this thing stopped to work for me. I was not aware of doing anything what could break it, even any related package was not updated. Time went on and I still did not find time to learn how to debug this udev/hal/dbus/gnome-volume-manager machinery.
Today, after some googling I found short debugging guide on Ubuntu wiki, which quickly revealed me that "volume.ignore set to true on /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_4717_5407, not mounting". Well I didn't configure anything to be ignored, so let's dig deeper in this.
As I had no idea where this thing could be set, I again started to google and /etc/hal and /usr/share/hal seem to be the right place where to start grep. Nothing related in /etc, but too much entries in /usr. However most of them were selective for some special USB disks or partitions. But there was one which did this unconditionally - it was file /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/gparted-disable-automount.fdi, what crap from gparted. Now I remember that I used this for formatting and partitioning something on USB and after doing all job, it crashed. So it left this piece of HAL hack inside /usr/share/hal and it was cause of anything not mounting.
Seems to be worth of reporting as a bug... Wait a moment, it's already known and some patch for it exists. Hopefully we will see this soon in unstable.
Being in Japan has also one great feature - even if you are in same DVD region as in EU, you are still unable to play your DVDs, maybe because of PAL/SECAM issue, I don't know. I think it must have been intentionally designed this way.
The hardware player I have here at my room just tells me: Disc Error, Playback feature may not be available on this Disc. I have no idea what this error actually means, but I somehow expected I'll be able to play my region 2 DVDs in region 2 DVD player. Good luck that I still have my laptop with illegal dvdcss library, where I can play whatever DVD I put into it.
I know this is not real DRM at all, but this has also started as a technology to limit copying or whatever....