New month has come and thus there is new upstream release of stardict-english-czech package. While preparing upload for my sponsor, I decided to go also through rest of my packages. Wammu is for quite long waiting for my sponsor, so I pinged him. nanoblogger has some open bugs, so I fixed them and sent package to sponsor. And last but not least I sent ping to debian-mentors about sponsoring sonata, which is really cool application and I'd love to see it in next Debian release. However this target seems to be quite far away as nobody was attracted by it up to now.
It happens too often in recent program releases - I do a release and few moments after it I notice some quite important bug. Today it is deadlock in upgrading in Ukolovnik. I should have seen it before (as I fixed simmilar problem for another part of config layer), but I haven't.
I'll wait for some time if something else appears and then make another new release. You can meanwhile apply patch from the bug manually or use daily snapshot.
I just got new LCD at work - Acer AL1916W. I thought it will be much easier to setup than it actually was.
First attempt was only to add "1440x900" to modes in X.org configuration. It failed as well when I added modeline for this mode. After some Googling I found that for my stupid onboard card - i945 - I need to do some voodoo with it's BIOS to make it work.
Fortunately there is tool 915resolution which does this black magic, so it was not that complicated at the end:
# aptitude install 915resolution
It complains that it can not detect display, so I had to modify
MODE=5c XRESO=1440 YRESO=900
After starting 915resolution init script, you should be now able to start X.org server with following configuration (kept only relevant parts):
Section "Monitor" Identifier "Acer AL1916W" Option "DPMS" HorizSync 30-82 VertRefresh 56-76 DisplaySize 410 260 Modeline "1440x900" 136.0 1440 1520 1672 1904 900 903 909 934 +hsync +vsync EndSection Section "Screen" Identifier "Default Screen" Device "Intel i945" Monitor "Acer AL1916W" DefaultDepth 24 SubSection "Display" Depth 24 Virtual 1440 900 Modes "1440x900" "1400x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480" EndSubSection EndSection
And finally I can use widescreen display!
As DocSQL import in phpMyAdmin was quite old and obscure code, I decided to convert it to regullar input plugin. This is now done in SVN, however there is one slight problem - I have only fuzzy idea what DocSQL actually is and I don't have any data to test it (besides those I could guess from plugin source). So I'd welcome if somebody who knows this beast, would give new plugin a bit of testing.
This has already happen yesterday, but I decided to announce it today, because now there is snapshot with all those changes.
With Subversion we can rename files without losing their histrory and
this possibility lead to huge cleanup of file names. I dropped all
_properties parts of table and database pages. As user
you should not notice anything (except for different URL), but there
might be still some problematic parts which has not been detected when I
did this change.
In-Reply-To: [Newer version yield unexpected result....][b]
No I will never understand why somebody wants to submit bug report (which is duplicate anyway) in OpenDocument text, with yellow background, huge fonts and other crazy stuff. I'm probably old-fashioned, but I still think that plain text is enough (especially when another reporter was able to write it in few sentences). And of course writing useful summary is useless thing, the reason for summary field is just to write nothing saying sentence.
Marcin, I don't say that Gammu+ is generally bad. Simply there is not enough man power for Gammu and you will only trash your effort by doing another project. Most of improvements in Gammu+ can be also implemented in Gammu and you will not loose support for lots of phones.
I simply do not think we're powerfull enough to make revolution in Gammu sources which you call Gammu+.
I haven't yet deeply checked it's sources, but I'm affraid of it a bit from few parts I already saw.
I finally pushed myself on doing some progress on ukolovnik task tracker. It got some wanted features, brand new setup script and there is core of database based configuration.
Setup script works only for MySQL >= 4.1 and I will probably raise requirements to this version as I can not check anywhere correct functionallity with older versions. Anyway if there is some user of older version, please contact me, and we'll find a solution.
I can not promise new release date, but I want to finish db config soon and it is only remaining issue for next release.